New Player Bonus Guide
The new player bonus at online casinos is often one of the most lucrative deals you can get, and this is the reason most players search them out online. Here on our site, we list all the latest welcome and signup offers including no deposit codes, free spins, free play, and bonus cash types. We also provide the information you need to know on how to turn these into real money.
Why it's Important to Use Bonuses to Find Casinos
There are a number of different types of new player offers available at online casinos and they can often be a great way to find somewhere new to play. Using a no deposit or free spins codes means you can test out the site risk-free and you won't have to fund your account. If you don't like what you find you can simply move on to the next one. Bonuses are essentially free money that you are given to play casino games and they vary from site to site. A lot of beginner players get confused by the different types so below you will find an explanation to help you understand them more and find the best ones to suit your gaming needs.
Types of New Player Bonuses
- Welcome/Signup Bonus: Strictly for new customers, the welcome or signup offer is usually a percentage match on your first deposit. An example is 100% up to $300. This means the amount you deposit will be doubled up to a maximum of $300. There are terms and conditions and wagering requirements that must be met before you can cash out your winnings. Some sites offer welcome packages. These offer a larger amount of bonus cash, but it is spread out over several deposits. Some welcome packages also include free spins on selected slot machines.
- No Deposit Bonus: This is a very special signup offer that comes in three formats. Free cash, free spins, or free play. It is a 100% risk-free deal that lets you test out the casino without parting with any of your hard earned cash. There are wagering requirements and terms and conditions, but the great thing is you can win real money. With the free cash offer, the casino will give you between $10 and $25 to use on games, mostly slots and keno, and the maximum withdrawal limit is usually capped at $100. With free spins, you get between 20 and 50 spins on a selected game. The bet size is fixed. With free play, you get a large credit balance and up to 60 minutes to win as much as you can. You can play most casino games with the free play option. You can find all the latest no deposit codes for 2020 on our website.
Can You Win Real Money with No Deposit?
One of the reasons the no deposit new player bonus is so popular is that you can win real money using it. You will have to meet the wagering requirements and adhere to the terms and conditions and below we have some top tips on how to do just that.
- Meeting Wagering Requirements: When you claim a no deposit code you will be required to meet the playthrough. This is the number of times you have to bet your bonus in order to become eligible for a withdrawal. For example, if you get $10 in free cash and the WR is 50x it means you have to place bets worth $500 before you can cash out your winnings. The playthrough can vary depending on where you play so it is advisable to look at this before you sign up.
- Time Limit: Most bonus offers come with time limits. This means you have to clear the wagering requirements within a certain period of time. This can be anything from 24 hours up to 90 days. The longer the validity period the easier it is to complete and win real money.
- Game Contributions: Not all casino games are the same especially when it comes to playing with bonuses. The game weightings or contribution percentages determine how much of your wager will contribute towards meeting the playthrough. Slots usually contribute 100% but other game categories can be significantly less. Blackjack might only be 5% and other games such as roulette and video poker might not be permitted. To help clear the playthrough it is recommended that you play games with 100% contribution.
- Game Restrictions: Certain games cannot be played with promo cash and to do so can void your winnings. It is important that you read the T&Cs carefully and take note of prohibited games. Progressive jackpots are normally not allowed.
- Maximum Bet Restrictions: Another part of the new player bonus terms that many beginners can overlook is the bet restrictions. It is important to check as if you bet more than what is allowed you can forfeit your winnings.
- Maximum Withdrawal Amount: All no deposit bonuses have a cap on the amount you can win. If the maximum limit is $100 that is all you can withdraw once you meet the wagering requirements. Even if you win over this, the additional money will be removed from your account when you cashout.
What Casino Developers are Considered the Best?
There are a number of excellent software providers and below are those that offer the best new player bonus offers in 2020.
- Microgaming: This software provider has been creating some of the best casino games since 1994. It has an excellent track record and has won numerous awards. With over 1,000 games in its portfolio and new titles released every month, it's easy to see why Microgaming is top of the list. Casino games include slots, video poker, massive progressive jackpots, and table games. Microgaming was also involved in the founding of eCOGRA which guarantees fair gaming.
- NetEnt: This is a Swedish software provider that has been in operation since 1996. They are well known for their free spins offers and top slots such as Starburst and Gonzo's Quest. They produce some of the most popular casino slots that come with huge jackpots. They also have a great selection of progressive jackpots including Mega Fortune. The software is available in no download instant play and compatible with all operating systems. New games are released on a regular basis too.
- Playtech: The company was established in 2000 and has an excellent reputation for quality casino games. Their most popular titles are slots especially branded slots featuring characters from the Marvel and DC universes. They are the company behind the popular Age of Gods slots too. The software is compatible with all operating systems and Playtech casino are known for offering excellent new player bonus deals.
Now that you know about the different types of new player bonus available at online casinos and how to turn a no deposit offer into real money why not take a look at our list of latest codes to get you started. Remember, it's important to have fun and not just try to win free money.